Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Privacy I had a problem with my landline since November 2015…

Customer Question
Privacy hi, I had...

Privacy hi, I had a problem with my landline since November 2015 where my neighbour could listen in on my phone calls and vice verses. When her phone rang so did mine. I contacted my provider in 2015 and many times after that always with the same complaint. They came out claiming to have fixed the problem each time but didn't until July 29 2017. I asked for compensation and the offered me 11 cents per month for that period of time. My privacy was breached and they only offered $200. I wanted most of my money back since the first call. I asked for $3800 but they will only give me $200 no negotiation on their part. I think my privacy is worth more than 11 cents per month. Can you help.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

West australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I wrote to the ombudsmen but to no avail

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/22/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

In order for you to be able to make a claim you have to show that you have suffered some loss. You have to be able to quantify that loss.

If you cant then you will not get any compensation.

How did you work out the $3,800.00 can you show that you have suffered that loss. If you can then take the matter to the ombudsman. If not you will find that you will not be given any compensation.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards