Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I am not entirely clear on the use of consent orders and

Hi. I am not entirely clear on the use of consent orders and binding financial agreements in a property settlement.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in Queensland.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

Consent orders are approved by the court and much harder to set aside.

A Binding financial agreement is between the parties and each have their own solicitors. With the Agreement the Solicitors have to be satisfied the person they see is not co-erced and sign a certificate. There is no court involved.

If you have reached an agreement then Consent orders are the better option and they are also cheaper.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards