Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Have had a solar system installed and the hold down screws…

Customer Question
Hi have had a...

Hi have had a solar system installed and the hold down screws that hold the system into the roof have corroded that bad that they need to be replaced before the cyclone season.the scews used were not the right ones they did not have the rubber insulation to stop them sacrificing themselves because of the two different metals

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes the company has been contacted and have reported to bsa and heath work place safty

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/22/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

If they have failed to install it correctly then you are covered under the Australian Consumer Laws and you can request that the rectify the situation.

If they are refusing to do the work you have to get a quote and have the work done and take them to QCAT and claim your money back plus the costs.

Here is the law as it stands

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/consumer-guarantees

But you have a right to be compensated if you have to pay because they do not honour the warranties.

Unfortunately you have to take the matter to court.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards