Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been cheated by the trustee of my late father's

Customer Question
I have been cheated...

I have been cheated by the trustee of my late father's estate and his agent for years. I can't afford to take the trustee to court. Can I get legal aid to take the trustee and his agent to court?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

I live in Victoria. The trustee lives in Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Litigation has been ongoing for some time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

According to my late father's will, I inherited (among other things) the sum of $75,000. This was never paid to me by the trustee. The property I inherited was so badly managed it is now a liability.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/21/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

You need to get a copy of the will and see if the Trustee is exempt from any losses.

If they are, then i am sorry to say you can not do anything.

The will determines if the trustee can be held liable for losses incurred.

If you do not have it you need to get a copy of it.

If he has ben negligent and is liable the only way you can get any compensation is to go to court. If the lawyer believes you have a good case they may act on a no win no fee basis but there are alot of variables that have to be determined before you decide on any litigation.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards