Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Just today I was given an infringement for wearing a

Just today I was...

Just today I was given an infringement for wearing a seatbelt incorrectly. I was given the option to have my fine invoice emailed to me. Once I had recieved the infringement summary fifteen minutes later I noticed it said Fined for not wearing a seatbelt. I was wearing a seatbelt..

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ha queensland of australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, i dont intend to pay. i am going in to the station tomorrow to dispute this. I believe it is wrong and slanderous as the report says i chose to not wear a belt, deliberately disregarding the law, which was not the case. This particular seatbelt always sigs into my throat unless i adjust it. up until now i had been doing so. even had been seen using this method before by an officer with no problem.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that us all. thankyou for listening

9/20/2017
Daniel, Solicitor
Hello, you are at liberty to go to the station, but I would simply elect to go to court and explain your argument before a magistrate.Going to the station only allows the police to then reissue you with another fine with the correct details.Please click accept and rate my service (with the stars). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost
Daniel, Solicitor