Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I am a registered nurse and my job includes working on a

mobile unit that has stairs...
I am a registered nurse and my job includes working on a mobile unit that has stairs and a static site that is a floor ground building .I had bilateral knee replacements from work injuries and was under work cover. I have not been rostered out on the mobile in the last 6 years after my knee replacements as there is a requirement to carry the equipment up and down the stairs to the mobile unit .About 6 mths ago they started to roster me out once month and I swapped the shift .They started to roster me out on the mobile more times .I did discuss the issue with my boss as stairs are difficult for me with my knees and I also have been monitored by a neurologist as I have had some slight jerking movements and some balance issues .I presented my work with a certificate from my neurologist saying That I had reflex myoclonus .and theat it was not safe for me to work on the mobile as I have a risk of falling .My work responded by saying that I could not work until I had clearance from my doctor and more information .I had to wait a week before I could get in to see my doctor .I was made to use my leave for pay .I set in report from my dr and the then wanted a independent Dr report .He basically saw me for a very short while and sent back a report disclaiming my neurologist .In the meantime I am having to use all my leave and long service leave as pay whilst this was being questioned .My neurologist was sent a questionnaire report to fill in .he also stated that I could safely work at the static site but was at risk of fall on the mobile .My work was still not happy and as yes I have been havng some health issus but have been safely working and able to work in the static site until this had happened .I have been told that they want me to be able to do the mobile as well as the static site to fullfill my contract as the company needs .In the mean time they have given me 6 months leave without pay option to see if my health improves .where do I stand
JA: You have to pay for your first question. If you sign up for a membership, there is a free trial for questions after that. You have to pay for your first question. If you sign up for a membership, there is a free trial for questions after that. Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: nsw
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: part time permanent part time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: you said I had to pay for first question where is this disclosed and thhe price
JA: You have to pay for your first question. If you sign up for a membership, there is a free trial for questions after that.
Customer: how much is payment
9/20/2017
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what are the additional feees

Good Evening

You have offered to pay approximately $100.00 for the chat

It is a further $85.00 for a call.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
at the moment I would like an email response

Good Evening

It appears that part of your job is to do the mobile unit.

But you changing shifts and not alerting the HR department that you were unable to do the mobile unit is an issue.

Also your job description includes the mobile unit.

When you went back to work after workcover was it conditional that you do not do the mobile unit?

Leon, Solicitor
Phone call session started
Leon, Solicitor