How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44911
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 55 year old disabled sister and my parents have

This answer was rated:

I have a 55 year old disabled sister and my parents have been awarded guardianship via Vcat. I need this guardianship to be awarded to myself and my other sister as my father now has dementia and my mother is not a decision maker as my father has always handled financial an emotional issues on their behalf. How do I go about this?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Victoria. My apologies, my name is*****: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My sister is living in a unit my husband and I bought her approx. 15 years.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

Do you think your mother would consent to the order being changed and making you and your sister the guardians?

Leon and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my parents are ok with Jacqui and I taking over guardianship