Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a 55 year old disabled sister and my parents have…

I have a 55...

I have a 55 year old disabled sister and my parents have been awarded guardianship via Vcat. I need this guardianship to be awarded to myself and my other sister as my father now has dementia and my mother is not a decision maker as my father has always handled financial an emotional issues on their behalf. How do I go about this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria. My apologies, my name is*****: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My sister is living in a unit my husband and I bought her approx. 15 years.

9/20/2017
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

Do you think your mother would consent to the order being changed and making you and your sister the guardians?

Leon, Solicitor
my parents are ok with Jacqui and I taking over guardianship
Phone call session started