Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Ordered shutters from Broadway shutters perth, told sales…

Customer Question
Ordered shutters from Broadway...

Ordered shutters from Broadway shutters perth, told sales rep over phone that we wanted middle size ,slats in the shutters, he said that was 100mm in sizei said ok if thats the middle size, we paid $2000 deposit on a $5000 job, in july, on the 30th of Aug they came to deliver the shutters, but the slats were the large size;even though they were a100mm in size, i asked the diver to take them back,whiich he did, i rang business owner Matt Maceay on5th of Sept, he said he would get back to me, irang every 3 days for a couple of weeks ,his reception said they wiil pass message on, no calls back, i rang every day last week, same response, on Mon i called tol his reception that if i dont hear from him today,i will go to ombudsman, stil nothing ,i made one more attept late mon ,finally got hold of him,said that his sales people dont make mistake s and he has contacted consumer affairs,will be mailing us a letter to confirm conversation that day.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Perth wa

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not as yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only order was in my partners Name Yin Tso

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/20/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

I am sorry to hear that you are having to deal with this.

There is no ombudsman that deals with this issue. It is a matter where they have breached the agreement and the Australian Consumer Laws.

Your only option it to take the matter to the Magistrates court for the breach.

You are entitle to your money back.

Here is some information and it applies to all australia as it is a commonwealth law.

https://legalvision.com.au/failure-to-supply-and-the-australian-consumer-law/

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards