Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Thank you. I have a question. NSW, Yes, I want to know if…

Thank you. I have...

Thank you. I have a question.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to know if the AVO the police took out against my husband on my behalf in a DV matter can be dropped.

9/20/2017
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

Only the police can withdraw the AVO.

If there are charges attached to it then the answer is no.

The police will not withdraw the charges or the AVO.

When is the matter next in court?

Mention is on Friday 22/09
Is there anything i can do to assist his case?

You can speak to the police prosecutor and ask him to withdraw the matter

He will speak with the officer in charge and determine what they will do.

Your husband should be represented on the day.

If he is not represented and the Police do not agree to withdraw it he should get an adjournment to gfet legal advise.

The order will be made by the court and will be valid until the next date you have to go back.

This is the process.

You can try talking to the police officer before the 22/09 and then talk to the prosecutor at the court.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
Leon, Solicitor