Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Telstra proposes be place a RF Repeater Station outside our…

Customer Question
Telstra proposes be place...

Telstra proposes be place a RF Repeater Station outside our homes in Carr Street Waverton.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Waverton is a suburb of Sydney NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes because the location of the unit is within 3 - 6 m from the front doors there is considerable concern and anger. the local council is involved in helping us and letters have been sent and a petition from those in the street who will be most affected.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What can be done about it knowing the arrogance of Telstra

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/19/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning,

under the act they are able to place these where they feel they are necessary.

Your only option is to get a group of you together and to consider taking legal action against Telstra to have it removed. Even this cannot be guaranteed as you would have to so strong evidence as to why it should be removed and the argument of it being unsightly is not enough.

If there are a number of you that are willing to do this I would suggest that you approach firms like Maurice Blackburn and see if they will take it on on a no win no fee basis.

Unfortunately there is very little else I can assist you with.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards