Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can a public member sue a company for misleading information…

Customer Question
Can a public member...

Can a public member sue a company for misleading information on its website?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I do not know, maybe not.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats my only question

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/19/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer
Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. 

Kind regards
Dear customer, in relation to your important, a member of the public can sue a company for misleading conduct where they have suffered loss or injury as a result of the misleading statements made. If there has been no loss or injury, the matter may be brought to the attention of ACCC and if there are grounds of misleading statements they will pursue an action against that company in the protection of the public.If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.Kind regards *****