Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can two parties attend the same legal aid services at the…

Customer Question
Can two parties attend...

Can two parties attend the same legal aid services at the same time?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

South Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Wife hasn't received anything yet in the post, but she has tried twice and has been told to ring the Hotline number to get her advice reason being 'unable to assist you.' Legal aid in local town will not help her answer her questions

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Been to medical for mental assessment because of physical and mental abuse by husband.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/19/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly.

Kind regards

Dear customer, in relation to your important question about attending legal aid; if the two parties' matter is related, and they are on the same side, such as being the plaintiff, (or defendant), they can see the same legal aid lawyer. Where the two person's are on opposite sides to one another, they are not able to see the same legal aid lawyer, as this would create a conflict of interest and the lawyer would need to stoping acting for one or both of the parties.

If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.

If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.

Kind regards