Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My work recently recieved an email from a person i use to…

Customer Question
Hi my work recently...

Hi my work recently recieved an email from a person i use to date now in the email she stated im a drug user and you can imagine the rest. well she made my employer ask me to take a drug test which I did and Im sure i have failed. now my employer told me take rest of the week off. now its the begining off the new week i contacted my employer and he told me we cannot discuss anything with you but come in tommorow for a meeting what rights do i have.. I didnt cause any accident at work it was all because off my x partner

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time it is not union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thats it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I just want to know what are my rights and if I admit to being a drug user should they offer me help rather then terminate my employment. Like i said there was no accident I go to work everyday its all because off my x partner sending an email to the employer.
9/19/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

Why did you fail?

Are you supposed ot be clean with your employer?