Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a written agreement with my ex wife when we separated…

Customer Question
I have a written...

I have a written agreement with my ex wife when we separated as to how much of my superannuation she would recieve signed by both of us and 2 JPs

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No we agrred on settlement of the sale of the house all monies would go to her and I continued to support my son until he was over 18 and paid the rent and council rates any repaires need to the property for 2 years she had agreed for not to touch her super so we set an amount of 15% of my super at an agreed date from our separation she called yesterday and asked when she would recieve her money I said at 60 which is 2 years she then asked what percentage when I told her she was a bit evasive but said she didnt think 15% was enough and asked for a copy of the agreement which I know she has and wanted to see a recent statement form my super funfd I am happy to send her a copy of the agreement but would be inklined not to send her a copy of the super fund

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/19/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

It is not worth the paper it is written on.

You need to have consent orders ot a binding financial agreement where you both have solicitors certify you are signing freely.

The family court will not enforce it.