Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My 11 year old grandson was asked by his teacher to leave…

Customer Question
Hi my 11 year...

Hi my 11 year old grandson was asked by his teacher to leave the classroom and another teacher took him into a room and left him alone with a woman a stranger.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW l have just copy and pasted the gist of what he was put through. It seems unbelievable that a school would subject a child to this. As follows:

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

ZepplenWhy was Renee not contacted?What about the schools duty of care?Serious breach of trust as zepplens mother not advising ReneeWho organized this?Mr White asked zepplen to leave the room. Then another teacher to him to a room where he was left alone with a woman claiming she was a private investigater who introduced herself then asked Zepplen a series of extremely inappropriate adult about sexual abuse. She used profanity during questioning "eg. I dont give a flying f**k what u do outside of school".He was traumatized and frightened when getting the school bus home and sitting next to his mother where eventually he broke down and kept saying he was taken into a room and left alone with a woman and she told him not to tell anyone. It was extremely traumatic getting him to tell Renee what had happened. He was ill and extremely upset and thought something bad would happen to him if he told his mother everything.Then just as frightening for Zepplen told him he was not to tell anyone about their meeting??? including his mother?He was left with a stranger! On his own. It was incredibly frightening for Zepplen. How can a stranger b introduced to Zepplen on school property

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thanks for replying lve covered it mostly but seem a serious breach of care and trust in regards ***** ***** mother Renee and zepplen as a child

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/19/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

I cannot answer the questions you have asked.

But the school has a duty of care to the child and if there are discipline issues they should be contacting the mother and father of the child.

Their actions appear to be ridiculous locking him up in a room alone with another woman.

The actions of this woman are highly inappropriate and I suggest you report the school to the Police and also the Department of education.

Does anyone know the identity of this woman?