Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am 22 years old and would like emancipation papers and…

Hey I am 22...

Hey I am 22 years old and would like emancipation papers and don't know how to get them can you helping

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I haven't I don't have much money I haven't been working as I had surgery done to my knee

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you, ***** ***** much for your help Pearl

9/19/2017
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

You are not a minor and you do not need them

Can you be more specific in your question?

Is there any papers I can get so I can be emancipated from them I know I'm not a minor but is there any papers?

You are old enough to do what you want. The courts will not give you anything.

Here is some information for you.

http://family.findlaw.com/emancipation-of-minors/how-do-you-get-emancipated.html

I doubt that the court will give you anything.

If you are being held against your will then the police may be able to assist.

Thank you

Good Afternoon

All the best and good luck

Regards

Leon, Solicitor