Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I want to start a company that helps international students…

Customer Question
Hey I want to...

Hey I want to start a company that helps international students through the Australia . The company will be providing loans to the international students only at very very low interest fees and help them with the tuition fees as well . What legal requirements should be meet to start this kind of company

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing just this

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/19/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

What Is the extra fee

Good Afternoon

You will need to have a finance licence from ASIC to issue loans.

The extra fee is $85.00

Emails is fine
Is that the answer

Good Afternoon

You will need to get a licence to offer loans.

The following link has the details of the AFS licences

http://asic.gov.au/for-finance-professionals/afs-licensees/

You should also speak to your accountant about setting it up and your GST obligations.

But to offer loans you need an AFS licence

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Hey the advertisements was saying 5$
It deduct 93 $ from my acI also know about it
This is not the proper answer as well

I will forward this to the administrators and request you get a refund.

In order to do what you wish, the information I have given you is correct.

Also ensure that you put in place appropriate professional indemnity insurance.

Getting the AFS licence is not an easy task but all the best and good luck.

Regards

How do I get my refund
Hey how do I get refund as the add was saying 5$ only