Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have reported Booth Media Publication to NSW Fair Trading…

Customer Question
I have reported Booth...

I have reported Booth Media Publication to NSW Fair Trading regarding coercion for booklet they produce for State Emergency Services. Fair Trading have responded and advised me.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I told them I could not afford to pay their bill and would have to pay it off. Their representative said this would be alright. They have sent an email on 14/9/17 demanding payment withing 7 days or they would take legal action and report to collection agency. Collection agency rang and left message on my husband's mobile phone yesterday not quite 4 days after their email, demanding $745.00, which is for debt and recovery costs. They have not waited the 7 days to do this.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

I also queried a payment of $110 that I made and have a receipt number for- where and what can I do about this - Booth Media are at Robina Qld.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I find media booklet companies to be hideous and only out for what they can get.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/19/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

When you entered the agreement what did you sign?

You have to take this to Court the Department of Fair Trading will not deal with it.

You have to show the coercion and that you would not have signed and the contract is void

It is a matter you should take to QCAT.