Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Acussed of interference by a patient at work all lies. No

Acussed of sexual interference by...
Acussed of sexual interference by a patient at work all lies. No investigation carried out. Just took her word. I am innocent & want my name cleared. Pls,advise me.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nsw
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was dismissed from my job after 14years. This hospital(private) has not staff support.
9/18/2017
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

You say they have not investigated?

Is there a policy that has to be followed in these circumstances and do you have a copy?

If you have been terminated then you have to file foe reinstatement and unfair dismissal.

Are you a member of the union?

No,as they changed our title from nurse to p.s.a.(patient services assistance)so they could make us do none nursing duties. The hospital cares not for staff but just making sure the patients pull in the money. Its a money making machine.

Good Morning

Can you tell me what you are saying no to?

The policy or the being a member of a union?

Not being a member of union
I can not afford $82 just now. So looks like I will go through legal aid.
Many this any way. Can I have my money back that I send if not I understand. Nellie
Many thanks.

Good Afternoon

You are going to have to take the matter to court and you will also need to get a copy of the policy statement of the employer.

They have to follow that and they cannot just dismiss you without investigating the issues.

You have 21 days from the date you have been dismissed to file your application.

Here is some information.

https://www.fairwork.gov.au/ending-employment/unfair-dismissal

You should get a solicitor to assist you and you should da that ASAP.

The law society of NSW can give you names of solicitors that practice in the area.

Their website is as follows

https://www.lawsociety.com.au/

Legal aid will not assist you as they do not fund unfair dismissal claims.

You can contact the union and see if they can assist but otherwise you will have to pay for the assistance.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
Leon, Solicitor