Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

In Western Australia is it legal for a council ranger to…

Customer Question
In Western Australia is...

In Western Australia is it legal for a council ranger to walk inside your outside your property and around your property taking photographs of the house

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Western Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I rang the council and reported it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/18/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

They have broad powers and they can enter land without notice.

There powers are granted by the local council and also the state government and various other acts.

If you suspect they should not be there you can lodge a complaint with the Manager of the council and you can also seek information about the purpose under freedom of information.

https://www.dlgc.wa.gov.au/AboutUs/Pages/FOI.aspx

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards