Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am just trying to search information for who would likely…

Customer Question
Hello I am just...

Hello I am just trying to search information for who would likely be at fault for a collision.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW Sydney

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes we have contacted our insurance but awaiting pending

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, just to figure out who is at fault for this collision.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/18/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

What is your question?

Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, where there has been an accident or some form of road incident, which rustled in vehicle damage, the party at fault will be subject to the circumstances of the incident itself. As example, a rear-end accident between vehicles is generally the rear vehicle at fault, unless there are special circumstances that negate that matter. There are various circumstances which creates a party to be at fault, and this will always be based on the surrounding facts of the matter.

If you would like to discuss the incident further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.

If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.

Kind regards