Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had originally been issued with an AVO and went to court…

Customer Question
I had originally been...

I had originally been issued with an AVO and went to court back in April 2017. That was settled with conditions, now police want to pursue criminal charges and I'm due in Magistrates court in oct

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

IN Victoria this happened in April 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have a charge sheet & summons stating that I need to be in court in October to answer the charges Guilty ?Not Guilty???

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I suppose worst case scenario ???

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/18/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

Are the criminal charges connected to the AVO?

What are the charges? Did you have a solicitor act for you in the AVO matter?