Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My question is a complex one and deals with a number of

My question is a complex one and deals with a number of issues relating to my employment and employer (who is now in receivership). Should I start with telling my whole story, or one at a time, it covers possible illegal phoenix activity, non payment of super and annual leave entitlements ?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Victoria
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time employment, non union member.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am currently on work cover and have been for the last 18 months.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

Have you been terminated by the recveiver?

Have you reported the non payment of superannuation to the ATO

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I send an email to him 2 weeks ago and he replied on September 14, he stated that I was not on the list of creditors, therefore I was not notified of the proceedings by him or any one connected to my employer. According to the receiver, I will not be able to claim any super owed (many thousands), but I may be able to retrieve some or all of my annual leave entitlements. According to him the company was sold prior to his appointment. I have not contacted the ATO or any else at this stage. This is not the first time the director has gone into receivership he has done this at least on 2 other occasions, without interruption to his business and continnued on under a different family name.

Give me a few minutes

I will call you soon.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was employed by this company for more than 6 years, in February 2016 I was involved in a motor car accident, whilst driving a company vehicle and performing my duties as a "Cash in Transit Security Guard". during my time off, I discovered that they had not been paying my superannuation as required by law. As the owners had been family friends for more than 20 years, I contacted them by phone some 12 months ago , this resulted in them depositing an amount into my super fund, with a promises that they would catch up with the rest. Nothing more has been added. They were the owners of 3 separate businesses at that time, all inter twined under the umbrella of a family trust. (1) silent partners in a news agency, (2) owners of a trampoline park and (3) a security business for whom I was employed.

http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/rp/BudgetReview201415/FEG