Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My daughter lives in India and got married and I would want…

Customer Question
Hi I am Australian...

Hi I am Australian Citizen and my daughter lives in India and got married and I would want to invite her and my son in law here as a visitor to visit me

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

How do I do that and whats the procedure As they want to vist by next month

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No Do i need to go through a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Cant I do by myself

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Hi there,I want to invite my daughter and son in law here to visit me as my family I havent seen or visit them for the past 12 years.
Its like I just want to see them here as a family get togather as I live alone
After long years I managed to contact my daughter from India and came to know that she got married and would want to invite both of them here for a 2 to 3 months time to be with me
Could you also please let me know what forms do I need to fill and do I need to write a letter stating my position to them as I am longing to see my only daughter and my son in law.
I would appreciate if you could guide me with all the relevant information and the forms.
9/18/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

I didnt realise that you are going to charge me and I dont need any answers and I will enquire directly from immi account
Thanks I am not intested

Good Afternoon

If she wants to live here she has to apply for a visa that works for her. If you invite her it can only be a s a tourist. If you were born in Australia then you can give her citizenship by decent if she was born overseas.

But otherwise she has to apply for her own visa.

You cannot invite her to come and live here.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards