Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am a casual commercial cleaner and my employer has only…

Customer Question
I am a casual...

I am a casual commercial cleaner and my employer has only paid me for the hours he invoices the clients not the hours I have worked is this acceptable?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

The employment agreement is for casual

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

You have to be paid for the hours you work.

You are a casual.

I he makes you work 10 hours he has to pay you for 10 hours.

I suggest you lodge a complaint about the employer to Fair Work and also check the award to make sure you are paid correctly.

You can contact them and ask the award you are under and they will assist you. But you are not paid correctly

https://www.fairwork.gov.au/

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards