Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'm currently changing lenders for my mortgage, and was

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. I'm...

Hi Pearl. I'm currently changing lenders for my mortgage, and was advised late on Friday evening that settlement would take place on Thursday 21 Sept. However, Macquarie bank (my current provider) froze access to ALL of my funds on Friday evening, including my offset account. This means that I do not have access to any money until this Thursday. I've just spoken to them, and they've advised me that this is their policy - funds are frozen once a settlement date is confirmed. How the heck do they expect me to

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Sorry that I stopped typing, but I thought I had to click the "Chat" button first.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want access to MY money (which includes my pay which went in on Friday) and they're telling me this can't happen unless I cancel the settlement date. Thanks Pearl

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

Unfortunately what I am going to tell you is not what you want to hear.

It all depends on the type of loan you have.

May lenders do this so that they can work out the payout figure.

They should have also sent you a letter when they received the discharge authority advising you of this.

To take the matter further, is not worth your while because it will not be listed by Thursday and it may jeopardise the settlement.

I am really sorry but I cannot give you anything more positive.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Good Morning

I have requested you be refunded the last post where you mentioned you could not put in your mobile number

If you wish to discuss this on the phone it is an additional fee of $85.00 on top of what you have already paid.

Please continue here so that you are not incurring further costs.

Solicitor: carlo-cssm,
 replied 11 months ago
carlo-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address.
Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (paste the question link into the response).
Thank you,
The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.

Good Morning

Is there anything else I can assist you with?