Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Second opinion] Is it illegal to sell a rebirthed Caravan in…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Is it...

Second opinion] Is it illegal to sell a rebirthed Caravan in nsw? Thanks.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Vic but van was purchased in nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No because every one I spoke to just said bad luck

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/17/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly.

In relation to your important question, rebirthing a caravan is illegal around Australia. Once a caravan has been written off it cannot be re-registered. There have been numerous scams around Australia concerning rebirthing of caravans.

Where you have purchased the caravan and it is a rebirthed one, you will be able to raise civil proceedings against the seller subject to the facts of the matter.

If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone or require me to review a contract, I welcome you to request those services.

If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.

Kind regards *****