Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I need to ask a question about pressing assault charges

Customer Question
Hello I need to ask...
Hello I need to ask a question about pressing assault charges
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/17/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

If you wish to have a person charged you report the assault to the police. They will investigate and if they believe they have enough evidence to charge them then they will.

You then become a witness and the police prosecute the other party.

You personally cannot charge anyone the police do it but you have to give them the information and evidence and names of any witnesses.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Sorry I have a Victorian legal question can I speak to someone with that state legal know
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Dear customer, raising assault charges in Victoria may occur under section 31 of the Crimes Act 1958, or sections 40, to 42, 49D, 49E, 52C of the legislation: http://www6.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdb/au/legis/vic/consol_act/ca195882/

The assault charge that will apply is subject to the type of offence that is in question.

I welcome you to select telephone services so I may discuss this important matter in detail with you.

Alternatively if you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you in this forum.

Kind regards