Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I own my own home my lady frien rents we stay over at each…

Customer Question
I own my own...

I own my own home my lady frien rents we stay over at each others place on a regular basis and have sex from time to time. we go out to eat and have suppled each other with meals she now supplies her own meals is this a defacto relationship, we have been seeing each other for 2 years. if it is a d f how do i stop it from being so

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/17/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

It may be a defacto but the court will also look at how you have mixed your finances and the interdependency.

To be 100% sure you should have an agreement and you each need to have your own solicitors to prptect your assets.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards