Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had a dog witch my mrs mum gave to me we had to move from…

Customer Question
Hey i had a...

Hey i had a dog witch my mrs mum gave to me we had to move from the house we where at so we t]ook the dog with us but the person we where living with didnt want the dog there so we had to try and find someone to take the dog so the mrs mum took the dog to we could find a new place to live about a mouth to a month and a half later we found a place to live but the mrs mum wont give my dog back and now i have just found out that she just had pups i wont them back is there anything i could do legally

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Vic

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My male dog is the father of the puppys the mrs lori had nothing to do with the dog for 3 years

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/17/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

The dog is yours and you have a right to get the dog back. Call the police and report them and then you have to lodge a claim in court to get orders to have the dog back.

This is your only option and any evidence you have to show that she was only looking after it and not a gift to her would assist. I suspect she will say you gave it to her as a gift. If there are no witnesses or evidence it is your word against hers for the court to decide.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards