Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We are an older couple, we have an investment home for a…

Customer Question
We are an older...

We are an older couple, we have an investment home for a number of years, now we want to sell it. How trustworthy is Purple Bricks, we were happy at the beginning, because they do not charge higher fees.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No because the fee keeps changing for more money and they want to do all the sale inclusive the legal papers.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Should we let them to have a total control in the sale?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/16/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

They are a new player in the market and they say they charge a flat fee. They are real estate agents and they are governed by the same laws as the others. They just do not charge a percentage of the sale price. They are as trustworthy as all others.

You will be signing an agreement with them and you make sure you question what you will be paying at the end and that it is clear and also the term of the agreement, as you would with all other agents.

Be vigillent and make sure you are getting what you want.

Agents tend to talk alot and make it all sound good so the sellers do not ask too many questions and sign.

They are smaller than others because they are new. But the trustworthiness is the same as all others.

You let them do their job but make sure they keep you informed of what is going on.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards