Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Was sent home from emergency told it was sprained ankle

Customer Question
Was sent home from...

Was sent home from emergency told it was sprained ankle latter that week was told fracture and no x Rays were taken

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

All filled at hospital and by myself

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/16/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

My apology for the delay in replying I was not at my desk

Do you want to know if you can sue them?

Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, depending on the emergency doctors assessment at the time you were admitted, if they failed to follow proper procedure, and you have suffered further injury than expected, you may be able to raise a claim of negligence. This will require you to obtain the attending practitioners report on your admission as to what actions and assessment were taken by your doctor. Once you have these details you may take that information to a solicitor to determine the merits of raising a negligence claim. Alternatively a solicitor may assist in obtaining medical information for you.

If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.

If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.

Kind regards