Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I just wanted to know where I stand, my ex husband has no…

Customer Question
Hi I just wanted...

Hi I just wanted to know where I stand, my ex husband has no contact with our children, due to his own actions.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Western australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not as yet. we have recently relocated to port hedland for work for myself and my new partner

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would like to know if I can ask for him to sign his rights over for the kids

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/16/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

I am sorry fro the information I am about to give you as it is not what you want to hear.

He cannot sign over his parental rights. The court will not even do that unless there is violence.
You can ask him to give his consent for you to move but if he refuses to allow it then you may have to go to court and get a relocation order.

If he agrees then get his to sign that he agrees to the children moving and you have evidence of his consent.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards