Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We are careers of our 3 grandchildren and our daughter has…

Customer Question
We are careers of...

We are careers of our 3 grandchildren and our daughter has requested through the children's court for restoration of the children. One of the children was 3 days old when I picked him up from the hospital and we have had the children for nearly 3 years the other children are 13 and 6. The older two would like to go back to their mother who now has another child who is 1 and expecting another child in December this year. We are very worried about the children as they have had consistency in where they live and day to day schooling etc, as eldest when younger changed schools 6 times and had to stay home to look after younger brother. Are we able to put in a Stat declaration to advise of our concerns

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

We were told by FACS to contact a number they sent us just to get advise but they advised they could not help due to conflict of interest

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No we just need advise thank you which way to proceed

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/16/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

My apology for the delay I was not at my desk.

If the matter is in court and you do not want the children to go back to the mother you have to fight her on it and have to file an Affidavit with the court.

Your Affidavit will set out the relationship you have with the children and why they would be better off living with your and not with their mother.

You will need a solicitor to assist and represent you but this is the only way you can get the court to consider leaving the children with you.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards