Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am a perm res here in Australia .my wife is on a refugee…

Customer Question
Hello Pearl.i am a...

Hello Pearl.i am a perm res here in Australia .my wife is on a refugee status and permit in Zimbabwe and our daughter is on her permit too. They do not hav passports or any travell documents. They are both on my initial application to come here. But due to personal problems she refused to be included and we separated.I advised the Oz Govt. Later my visa came thru.i came came for my initial entry and went back to Zim to close up my business. In the time apart we were able to sort out our feelings and reconciled .and we hav been together since. Can I re apply with "Change of Circumstances". Will they put a visa on their permit paper?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Sorry I don't understand the question

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this advise free of charge ?

Lawyer's Assistant: The Immigration Lawyers require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.

How much will this cost ?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Immigration Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Let me get all my thoughts together and come back to u. Thank you for ur time so far.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/16/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

I am sorry for the delay, I was not at my desk

You would have to apply for a partner visa and provide evidence of the reconciliation.

You cannot change your current visa.

You have to have a new visa.

Here is some detailed information.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/309-/Partner-(Provisional)-visa-(subclass-309)-and-Partner-(Migrant)-visa-(subclass-100)-document-checklist

You will need to use a migration agent and your wife would be the applicant and you the sponsor.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor