Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a nephew who was charged with suspected trespassing…

Customer Question
Hello my name is...

Hello my name is ***** ***** I have a nephew who was charged with suspected trespassing and was fined he is wanting to challenge the ruling as he was not in a good place at time of hearing and didn't attend

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sorry W.A. Northam magistrates court

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Sorry I'm not sure if you mean by the resident then no it was the police who came to the house

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He has filed for rehearing of case and he is eligible for spent convictions from his earlier silliness so is also going to ask for this to happen hopefully

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/15/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor
Hello, so he has been sucessful in seeking that the matter be re heard?
I'm sorry to say that I am not able to continue with this as it stated a $5 fee only to find that it was actually a $66 fee I would dearly like a refund of this money or as much of it as possible as I will not be using your services thank you for the fast reply
Ok, I shall speak with customer service.