Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Juliana, Wa Perth, But i Will be filing divorce in kenya, As…

Customer Question
Wa Perth Lawyer's Assistant:...

Wa Perth

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

But i Will be filing divorce in kenya

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

As I got married in kenya

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/15/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

What is your question?

Hi Leon I will be filing my divorce from Kenya and i wanted to know how long does it take to get the divorce

Good Evening

Looking online I can advise you If the court is satisfied with the petition, marriage dissolution will be granted. The dissolution takes full effect after six months, after which parties are allowed to remarry. It is important you read the matrimonial Causes Act, Chapter 152 to help you in filing for the divorce decree.

The following link is the process of divorce in Kenya

https://venasnews.co.ke/2017/07/06/divorce-process-in-kenya/

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Does that mean it takes 3 years get the divorce dissolution

The process to get the document filed takes that long. Once the court is happy then you are divroced 6 months later.

It is faster to be divroced here. You have to be separated for 12 months. It is no fault and then one month after the court date hears the divorce you are free.