Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a rather substantial case regarding my former

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a rather substantial case regarding my former employer and missing pay. My former employer Forum Group has not lived up to their contract regarding my salary from 29.02.2016 to 06.02.2017. They decided to only pay my commission and not my salary. This is a break of contract but also breach of immigration law 457 sponsorship. I have been handling this claim with Fair Work Claims in Brisbane, but they can't seem to sort out how to handle this claim. So I'm reaching out to you, hoping you can help me or refer me to someone who can. Kind regards, ***** ***** 0467 020 363

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

QLD

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time ( 457 sponsorship has to be full time )

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have already won a claim against Forum Group regarding discrimination.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/15/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

I am not able to call you unless you request a call and pay the fee.

I am not sure what you mean by Fair Work not knowing how to handle the claim.

Have you worked out what they owe you?

Also I am not sure what it has to do with your visa, they have breached your employment contract and they owe you the money.