Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been owed $5,000.for one year and the person refuses…

Customer Question
Hi, I have been...

Hi, I have been owed $5,000.for one year and the person refuses to return it. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have sent a registered letter requesting payment.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Unfortunately I lent the money to my granddaughter and I am hurt that she has rejected my request. I have a copy of my letter if you wish to read it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
It is true that I was scammed in Jan 1916 of $46,000.How did you know this?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
My email is***@******.***.
My phone number is ***** 3 59567888
9/15/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

My apology for the delay in responding I was away from my office.

Do you have any evidence that you can rely on that you gave the person the money?

Emails of them asking for it, or you confirming you have given the money to them?

Bank transfers to show you transferred the money into their account?