Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My son have been guilty in assault damage property breech…

Customer Question
My son have been guilty...
My son have been guilty in assault damage property breech avo harming and he have 6 weeks to be sentenced he is been diagnosed with diabetes and Addison disease before that he was very angry but after he took the medication for this Addison disease he is now calm and good can you help him not to be charged and not go to jail
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/14/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

When was this and did he mention the illness to the court?

Last Monday he found guilty no he didn't tell the court and they arrested him after the court because he breech the avo was texting his dad in the court and they put him in custody and in custody they call the ambulance and they found that he have diabetes and Addison disease
Hello are you going to answer me

Good Afternoon

Did he have a solicitor represent him?

No at the moment
We need a good one at the time not expensive
He been diagnosed with this disease before two months and the case happened last year in November

Good Afternoon

He has to appeal the sentence

He will have to get a solicitor ASAP

Legal Aid will not find this.

I assume he did not have a solicitor initially?

Can you help me with a good one not expensive
Can you tell me what will happen if we didn't appeal
They didn't sentence him yet

If you do not appeal he will stay in jail.

You are looking at an average of $500 - $600.00 per hour.

You will not find anyone cheaper.

So the court has not heard his plea?

He i not at the jail
I want to know how can we help him in the sentence day can we use the item 10 or 32 to bring a paper from a doctor not to be charged
He still outside he didn't go to jail

I he has not had his plea of guilty heard then you can get a solicitor to have it relisted and proceed to ask the court for a section 32 dismissal

you are looking at about $6,000.00 and it will require a detailed medical report plus the submissions to the court.

Contact the law society urgently and get a referral

http://www.lawsociety.com.au/ContactUs/

He needs a solicitor that will get all the paperwork right

You cannot do much for him this is all technical and any mistake he will not get the dismissal

Here is some information about the section 32 application that has to be run before the court

http://www.idrs.org.au/legal/s32.php

It is not simple and involves alot of work

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

He is been guilty

The court found him guilty and they are waiting on a pre sentence report?

You have to get a solicitor to reopen the case and request the section 32 application.

I am about to log off. Will be back in about an hour.

We can continue then

Regards

Ok but most of the lawyers said it's very slim for application 32
Can you send me a text msg on(###) ###-####that you are back or send me an email on***@******.***

Good Evening

I am back I cannot email or txt you.