Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We have a lawyer who is talking to the opposition lawyer and…

Customer Question
We have a lawyer...

We have a lawyer who is talking to the opposition lawyer and returning to us almost arguing the other point of view to us. Our lawyer is younger Is it normal to chat with the opposition

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

We are in NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We have been to mediation and soon going to court. It a custody claim and my daughter is now attending abuse counselling be for we go to court

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so It just I worried our sol is being influenced by the older opposition sol.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/14/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

We always communicate with the opposing solicitors.

It is an attempt to feel them out and also to try and resolve the issue.

Are you concerned he is not looking after your interests?