Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My daughter had her motorbike stolen from her home it was in

Customer Question

my daughter had her motorbike stolen from her home it was in her garage with the battery removed (so it wouldnt go flat) as she couldnt afford to insure it, the police came and looked at cctv footage from her neighbor but never did find the thief a, a couple of weeks later the conducted a chase of a bike and the two riders crashed it , it was her bike they had drilled the key lock out so they could start it, the police have charged the rider with possession but he cant/wont say where he got it from, can she claim any compensation as she cannot afford to fix the bike, in my opinion its a write off but she said she will get it fixed one day when she can afford it, being as it wasnt insured there is no one for her to turn to for help in this.please can you point us in the right direction she cant afford to lose her bike.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: WA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes the police did a report
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

Does she know the name of the person that the police charged? Was he the rider?