Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Just wanted to know what my legal rights are. I have a

Customer Question
Hi there just wanted...

Hi there just wanted to know what my legal rights are

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I have a friend that i lent money to pay for a car

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The thing is he paid $500 for a second hand car and it needed a full service plus it had some mechanical problems that needed fixing straight away, he had no money at the time so i lend him the sum of $1, 000

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/14/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

If it was a loan even though there is no written agreement it is binding.

You can send him a letter of demand and if he does not repay you then you can sue.

If it was cash then it is your word against his. If you deposited it into his account this is evidence you can use.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Ok thanks

Good Afternoon

All the best and good luck

Regards

how can i get the $5.00 put but onto my card as promised???

I am not sure what you mean. I do not deal with this part of the site.

I will pass it onto the administrators

Any is there any charges if i decided to sue him

You will be charged the filing fee of the court.

This and any interest will be added to the debt he owes you.

If there is nothing further

Take care and all the best

Regards