How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I no longer live in a prpoerty that we were residents for 12

Customer Question

Hello. I no longer live in a prpoerty that we were residents for 12 half yrs upon leaving the property 2yrs ago (sept 2015) the owner has now requested that we pay $12607.42 in repairs and loss of wages. The information that they gave to recoveriescorp has been false stated we were on premises 8yrs and was malicious damage made and they have also slandered our family. We had raise our 3 children in the property. Would like to know where what now.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state you're in?
Customer: Victoria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have got a letter from recoveriescorp. I've cintacted previous real estate, receiving no info fron them
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have original lease papers and condition reports.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Morning

When you left did they do an inspection of the property.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
After we left the property an inspection was done. No notification from real estate only owner about recoveriescorp
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Morning

Do you have anything from the final inspection?

Since 2015 you have only now received the letter?

Had they notified you about anything before thus letter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. We handed our bond over to the real estate and that was the last we heard from them.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

So there were issues with the property?

Do you have any photos or documentation of what the problems were?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The owner wanted the property back to sell, they had had the place for 1mth prior us moving in, the only thing that was done prior moving in was painting in all rooms. Once we moved out they renovated the whole house. Carpet, painted walls replaced kithch/barhroom added pavement in frontyard and redid garden now wanting us to payfor full renovations. Ib 12half yrs very little got done on the house we waited 5 yrs for a new oven as it only had one panel of glass and no handle.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we have photos also the real estate but they will not hand over.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

If there was no damage they cannot hold you responsible for the costs and you will have to fight the claim.

SO you have your own photos>?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

You have to use them and fight the case.

Do you have the incoming reports?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What do you mean incoming report?
We have contacted v-cat as we longer resite in property they can not help who can help us please
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

When you moved into the premises was there an inspection and report prepared as to the state and condition of the premises?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

You have to get a solicitor to represent you in VCAT if you are not confident to do it yourself. VCAT is a court and will listen to both sides and make a decision.