Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

My son has been arrested inn the 13csept and I can't find

Customer Question
My son has been arrested...
My son has been arrested inn the 13csept and I can't find out the charges
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: He is a kiwi and I am in nz unable to help.. he is in corrections newcastle arrested in muswellbrook.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Constables Williams at muswellbrook said she couldn't tell me the charges but they were significant. No I haven't and apparently he had legal aid. But the constable said he's a grown man and he can ask for help.. Her exact words.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I only know he has been arrested he has some kind of video charging from WaggaWagga local court . Which I didnt undéstand
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/13/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

Because of privacy reasons they cannot tell you.

His court appearance would have been in Wagga Wagga and he did not appear in person but over video.

He is the only one that can tell you the charges or instruct the police to let you know.

He should have also been offered a solicitor to speak to and appear from him in court.

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor