John Melis,
Experience:  Principal Lawyer at Legal AU Pty Ltd
99270703

Second opinion] My defacto partner has returned to Ireland

Customer Question

Second opinion] Hi there,
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My defacto partner has returned to Ireland for a few months. We would like to apply for a partner visa offshore - while this application is being processed, can he return to Australia and work? He is 60 years of age
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: No nothing pending at this stage
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, we have just talked between ourselves. He was working in PNG for 2years on a business visa and use to fly back to me in australia every month but the company has now closed down
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it best to apply for an offshore visa while he his back in Ireland and how long does it take to process please
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  John Melis replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly.

Kind regards

Dear customer, in relation to your important matter, you may apply for a partner visa while your partner is offshore, the is the proper and most appropriate approach to take on the matter. The partner visa can be done online through the border security website. The application process is straight forward to complete, and if required you may engage an immigration agent to assist you on the same. While the partner visa application is processing, your partner would not be able to work in Australia during this period, and will have too wait until the application is finalised.

If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.

If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.

Kind regards