Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have an enquiry about bank life insurance that has been…

Customer Question
I have an enquiry...

I have an enquiry about bank life insurance that has been paid up but the bank is still taking the money out but the insurance amount has not been increased

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not as yet just enquiring

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The policy was for 3,125 and we have now paid nearly 4000 but if we surrender it we will only get 2000

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/13/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

Have you cashed out the policy and they are still taking out the monthly premium?

no we haven't cashed it out yet and yes we are still paying premiums.Also I am interested to know why you state you will take $5.00 out of my account to start this and you took $93.00 out of it is this false advertising I didn't mind the 5 but was shocked to see that a higher amount had been taken not impressed
I could not get your reply till today as i had no internet

Good Morning

I am not involved in what is stated when you join. I will pass this on to the administrators to deal with. I will also ask they refund you if that is what you want.

If you have been mislead by the insurer when you signed up you can take the matter to the ombudsman.

But you have to have the documentation you signed and any advertising that you have to prove the misleading conduct.

I will forward this onto the administrators.

Regards

I have just referred the matter and the post will be lock from now on.

Regards