How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a question. I am in New York State. Not yet. I just

Customer Question

I had a question
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in New York State
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nope not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just had a question about adult adoption
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I didn't really get to ask my question. But I was just wondering. So I have a person who lives in Australia. I live in America but she has always been their for me like a mom. I wanna go live with her because she always helps me during the worse of moments. I was wondering how we would go about maybe her adopting me. I am however 22 years old.
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

When you say that she has been there "like a mom", do you mean that she actually raised you, under her roof? And was this prior to you being 18? Where in Australia does she live? What is her connection to New York?