How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Wife and I have a House and contents insurance policy,

Customer Question

My Wife and I have a House and contents insurance policy, including public liability. Recently I was using a ride on mower, hit a rock which hit my wife in the face, breaking her jaw and teeth.
JA: In what state did the injury take place? And do you have medical records or other documentation?
Customer: Victoria and Yes
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to know if we can make a claim against our insurerer?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

Public liability insurance is what you have to claim under but it usually does not cover the owner of the property.

It may be a possibility but she may have to sue you as you were using the mower.

There has to be some negligence shown on your part and then you have to claim on the insurance.

Has she had the injuries attended too and what are her losses?