Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My Wife and I have a House and contents insurance policy,

Customer Question

My Wife and I have a House and contents insurance policy, including public liability. Recently I was using a ride on mower, hit a rock which hit my wife in the face, breaking her jaw and teeth.
JA: In what state did the injury take place? And do you have medical records or other documentation?
Customer: Victoria and Yes
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to know if we can make a claim against our insurerer?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

Public liability insurance is what you have to claim under but it usually does not cover the owner of the property.

It may be a possibility but she may have to sue you as you were using the mower.

There has to be some negligence shown on your part and then you have to claim on the insurance.

Has she had the injuries attended too and what are her losses?