Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My mums defector has passed on, and would like to know what

Customer Question

My mums defector has passed on, and would like to know what legal rights she has as his children have taken over his car and many other things
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: WA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, we haven't had this experience as yet and would like to know what law is best
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do we find out if she was next of kin if there is no will left behind
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

Had your mums partner left a will?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

Can you please reply here.

Your mother is the next of kin as she is his defacto.

She may have to provide evidence of this if his children dispute the relationship.

Has her partner left a will?