Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My mums defector has passed on, and would like to know what…

Customer Question
My mums defector has...

My mums defector has passed on, and would like to know what legal rights she has as his children have taken over his car and many other things

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

WA

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, we haven't had this experience as yet and would like to know what law is best

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How do we find out if she was next of kin if there is no will left behind

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/13/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

Had your mums partner left a will?

Good Afternoon

Can you please reply here.

Your mother is the next of kin as she is his defacto.

She may have to provide evidence of this if his children dispute the relationship.

Has her partner left a will?